• Автор темы News
  • Дата начала
  • " /> News - AnandTech Call for Writers: 2021 | SoftoolStore.de - Софт, Avid Media Composer, Книги. | бесплатные прокси (HTTP, Socks 4, Socks 5)

News AnandTech Call for Writers: 2021

News

Команда форума
    Редактор
    Баллы
    The Call for Writers is something of an annual tradition over here at AnandTech. As anyone who follows the site knows very well, the list of things we have to review/cover easily exceeds our available time. So the call for writers gives us a chance to find new talent and new opportunities to grow, be it into new coverage areas entirely or just covering more of the existing products our readers have come to enjoy over the years.

The ultimate purpose of the Call for Writers is to find new talent. To continue to grow and improve our content, we need your help. We're looking for writers with a true passion for the technology we cover, a deep understanding of what's out there and a thirst for more knowledge.

Like many other publications, the coronavirus pandemic over the past year has thrown a wrench in our coverage plans – both in terms of content and staffing. But now that we're finally starting to turn the corner on the pandemic, we're preparing to resume staffing up, expanding our coverage, and training the next generation of AnandTech editors.

To that end, we're looking for contributors to help out both with reviews as well as our short-to-medium form Pipeline coverage. The areas in particular we're looking for help with are listed below:

• News/Pipeline (PC)
    • News/Pipeline (Mobile)
    • Networking
    • Storage (Inc. Solid State)
    • GPUs (US-only)
    • Systems/Laptops (US-only)
    • Mobile/Smartphones (US/Canada & Europe)
    • Memory
    • Community Manager (US-only)
    • Monitors
    • Home Automation/IoT
    • Professional Graphics/GPU

If you find yourself at the intersection of knowledge and passion about any of those areas, and have some time to contribute, you're exactly what we're looking for. These are paid, part-time positions that we're looking to fill, with most positions open on a world-wide basis, and certain positions primed for a quick promotion to full-time. What I need is a writing sample that demonstrates your ability to talk about any one of these topics. Your sample can be in the form of a review, a pipeline post or an analysis piece - it should be something that looks like it would fit in on AnandTech.

Once you've produced it, send it on over to callforwriters@anandtech.com. Please also include a description of what subject(s) you would be interested in writing about, and some basic information about your background and where you're located. We'll read through all samples, but we can't guarantee a reply due to the sheer volume of submissions we tend to receive. If we like what you've sent and there's a potential fit on the team, we'll be in touch.

And even if we aren't, please don't hesitate in trying again next year; anyone who has applied before is welcome to apply again. 2019 was a banner year for us, for example, and we had many more good submissions than we could realistically respond to.

I'll conclude this post with a passage from our About page:

In the early days of technology reporting on the web the focus was almost exclusively on depth. We had a new medium for content that didn't come with the same restrictions as more traditional forms. We could present as much data as we felt was necessary and we could do it quicker.

As the web grew, so did the approach to gaining readership. In many cases, publishers learned from the tips and tricks of more traditional media to growing their audience. The focus shifted away from ultimate understanding of what was being reported, to producing content significantly motivated by increasing traffic, or revenue, or both. Thorough observations were out; sensationalism, link baiting, and the path to shallow 10-o'clock-news reporting were in.

While I believe it's definitely easier to produce content by going this route, I don't believe it's the only way to build a well read website.

If the above resonates with you and you'd like to help by being a part of something different, I'd encourage you to submit a writing sample.

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: How old do I need to be to work for AnandTech?
    A: You need to be old enough to legally work in your country of residence without significant restriction. Otherwise we have no specific requirements so long as you can do the job well. Anand started the site at 14, after all...

Q: Do I need to be located in the United States to work for AnandTech?
    A: Some positions do require that you be in the US for logistical reasons, and those specific positions are noted. However unless otherwise noted, most positions are open on a world-wide basis.

Q: Do I need to supply my own products for testing or contacts at companies? (i.e. do I need to be an insider?)
    A: No. Assuming for the moment you have a computer to write on, then you already have the most important piece of equipment that you need. Meanwhile you will need some knowledge of the field at hand, but we will introduce you to the people you need to know for your position at AnandTech.

Q: Do I need a computer or engineering-related degree to work at AnandTech?
    A: We are first and foremost looking for people with a passion to learn, and the knack to make it happen, regardless of experience or qualifications. There's a certain degree of baseline knowledge needed for any given position, but if you can read existing AnandTech articles then you're already half-way there.

Q: Why would I want to work for AnandTech?
    A: Besides offering a paying job, of course, working for AnandTech is a chance to look at the cutting-edge of hardware, inform an audience of millions about what's new in the world, and help shape the tech industry for the better. Past that, over the last 24 years many of AnandTech's writers have gone on to take important roles in (or adjacent to) the tech industry, spanning everything from developing the next generation of products at companies like Samsung and Apple, to heading up investment funds, developing electric cars, and even shooting rockets into space!

Q: Is there a submission deadline?
    A: We have a tentative end point for May 10th

Вверх Снизу