• Автор темы News
  • Дата начала
  • " /> News - How to set up any controller for your Steam games | SoftoolStore.de - Софт,Avid Media Composer,Книги,Новости,News,Windows,Internet news. | бесплатные прокси (HTTP, Socks 4, Socks 5)

News How to set up any controller for your Steam games

News

Команда форума
    Редактор
    Лучшие ответы
    Баллы
    2 093
    I can’t say I prefer using a controller for my PC gaming. In fact, 98 percent of my gaming is still done with a keyboard and mouse — there’s really nothing that remotely compares to them for accurate aiming.

That said, there are times when I play with one — like when I’m playing a platformer on my 65-inch TV. In that case, it’s much easier to kick back on my couch and relax with a gamepad in my hands. Who says you can’t have a console-like experience with a gaming PC?

The problem I’ve had in the past, though, is that some controllers have been a little finicky and haven’t worked for me from the get-go. I’ve discovered the key is to set them up properly in Steam first, to ensure they work in the games I want them to. Here’s how to do that…

How to set up your controller in Steam

Open Steam and select Settings in the top left corner of the browser. Now slide down and choose Controller.

Under External Gamepad Settings check the box on the right for the controller that best describes what you have. For example, you should check the box next to Enable Steam Input for Xbox controllers if you have an Xbox Controller, or check next to Enable Steam Input for generic controllers if you have a generic one.

Dominic Bayley / IDG

Dominic Bayley / IDG

Dominic Bayley / IDG

Now, exit from those menus and select Library on the top menu.

Scroll down to the game you want to play with your controller, right click on it and choose Properties.

From the list on the left select Controllers. Now on the right of the screen you should see either Use default settings or Disable Steam input. Change this to Enable Steam Input. Now restart your PC to make sure your settings stay put.

Dominic Bayley / IDG

Dominic Bayley / IDG

Dominic Bayley / IDG

That’s it! You should now have a working controller for the Steam game you specified it to work on. You can repeat this process for any other games you want your controller to work on, too.

Tip: You can also calibrate your controller by opening Calibration and Advanced Settings. You can find this option in the same menu where you selected your controller.

Сверху Снизу