• Thread starter News
  • Start date
  • " /> News - Elon Musk’s new Windows laptop needs a Microsoft account, and he’s mad | SoftoolStore.de - Софт, Avid Media Composer, Книги. | бесплатные прокси (HTTP, Socks 4, Socks 5)

News Elon Musk’s new Windows laptop needs a Microsoft account, and he’s mad

News

Staff member
    Редактор
    Elon Musk recently did something that all of us have probably done at least once: He bought himself a new Windows computer, specifically a laptop. When he wanted to start using it, he realized that he had to create a Microsoft account to do so. Most people know this, but apparently it caught Musk by surprise — and raised his hackles.

Musk expressed his displeasure about Windows 11’s Microsoft accounts on X (formerly Twitter), which he has purchased. Musk wrote there:

“Just bought a new PC laptop and it won’t let me use it unless I create a Microsoft account, which also means giving their AI access to my computer! This is messed up. There used to be an option to skip signing into or creating a Microsoft account. Are you seeing this too?”

Just bought a new PC laptop and it won’t let me use it unless I create a Microsoft account, which also means giving their AI access to my computer! This is messed up.

There used to be an option to skip signing into or creating a Microsoft account.

Are you seeing this too?

— Elon Musk (@elonmusk) February 25, 2024

But Musk wasn’t satisfied with that. Instead, he vented his displeasure under a tweet from Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella. You can view this tweet here at Bluesky. Musk wrote:

“Satya, I don’t mean to be a pain, but please allow users setting up a new Windows PC to skip creating a Microsoft account.This option disappears when the computer is connected to WiFi.

Also, even if you do want to sign up, it won’t allow you to use a work email address, and I only have work email addresses!”

Musk’s criticism of the account requirement for Windows quickly made the rounds on social networks. One X/Twitter user quipped: “This will go down in history as the most famous tech support X post of all time.” Here are some more funny reactions to Musk’s dispute with Microsoft.

Musk later announced that he had managed to set up his Windows PC without a Microsoft account, thanks to instructions from a follower. Yes, you can still use Windows 11 without a Microsoft account, but doing so requires some arcane workarounds.

get windows 11 pro for $80 instead of $200
    Windows 11 Pro

Best Prices Today: €49.99 at PC-WELT Software-Shop – Windows 11 Home | €69.99 at PC-WELT Software-Shop – Windows 11 Pro

This article was translated from German to English and originally appeared on pcwelt.de.

Mobile Apps, Online Services, Windows

Top Bottom