• Thread starter Обзор
  • Start date
  • " /> Обзор - Where are Android’s AirTags? Blame Apple for the delay | SoftoolStore.de - Софт, Avid Media Composer, Книги. | бесплатные прокси (HTTP, Socks 4, Socks 5)

Обзор Where are Android’s AirTags? Blame Apple for the delay

Обзор

Staff member
    Редактор

Credit: Aamir Siddiqui / Android Authority
    • Android is overdue a significant upgrade to the Find My Device network, which would bring Bluetooth proximity tracking and compatibility with third-party Bluetooth trackers.
    • However, this rollout was and continues to be held up by Apple’s delay in adopting the specification for unwanted tracker alerts.
    • A production implementation for the specification was published in December 2023, but Apple has still not incorporated the feature in iOS and iPhones.

At Google I/O 2023, Google announced a significant upgrade to Android’s Find My Device network. Android devices would soon be able to locate nearby Android devices via Bluetooth proximity, and the network would also be opened up to third-party Bluetooth trackers (aka Android’s AirTag equivalents). The result would be that Android’s Find My Device network would become as powerful as Apple’s Find My network, and inarguably even more due to Android’s global popularity.

But the announcement was made close to a year ago, and we’re clearly not there yet. If you’re wondering where to pin the blame for the delay, we have one clear answer: Apple.

Top Bottom